Inwood Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a full-time employee for the Water Resources group at our main office in Oviedo, Florida. The position includes watershed/stormwater modeling, pollutant loading analysis, water quality calculations, report writing, permitting, design, construction observations, and field reviews under the direction of senior engineers. Essential tasks include the following:
- Analyze stormwater or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize natural water body flow ways and side banks, understand/reduce flooding, or repair channel sections.
- Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Enter data into GIS databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and/or water quality analysis and modeling.
- Perform computer-aided design of stormwater channels, ditches, pipelines, and other drainage components to produce plans in accordance with various standards and criteria.
- Utilize specialized computer software for the analysis, design, and plans production of stormwater systems, including ICPR modeling.
- Assist with construction observation, field reviews, and preparation of field documentation.
- Produce detailed reports and other documentation.
- Coordinate water resources efforts with other disciplines.
- Prepare calculations and exhibits in support of permitting activities.
- Make decisions and design or develop solutions to problems by applying accepted procedures and methodologies.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering is required as well as successfully passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. One to three years of prior practical experience is required. Local project experience completing stormwater retrofits, drainage design, permitting, and field inspections as well as other related experience is a plus.
Candidates should be able to communicate effectively; multi-task; and identify, state, and analyze well-defined engineering problems. The ideal candidate will maintain attention to detail, be thorough when completing work tasks, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, ICPR, MicroStation, and GEOPAK Drainage or equivalent software is preferred. Familiarity with other software packages, such as ArcHydro, SWMM, PONDS, HY-8, and HEC-RAS, is a plus.
**Cover letter required**
Interested Applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.