Collective is seeking a creative, passionate, and self-motivated engineer intern/engineer-in-training or hydrologist to join our team to work at the forefront of water resources and resilience.
Overview: The ideal candidate will have outstanding communications skills, a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks while performing high quality work, and a strong desire to learn. The position requires a working knowledge in stormwater, water resources, hydrology, and a degree in civil, environmental, ecological, agricultural/biological, or related engineering field from an accredited institution. Candidates with relevant scientific degrees and experience are also encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will also have some background or experience with graduate-level hydrology, GIS, modeling, and environmental policy. Ideal candidates will have between 0 - 2 years of experience in consulting/engineering.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support the development, pursuit and delivery of planning projects associated with water resources, stormwater, and resilience
- Collect, review, process, and manage data in support of hydrologic and hydraulic engineering analyses utilizing programs such as ArcGIS, Excel, and other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling platforms
- Prepare technical documents and reports under the supervision of an experienced engineer/professional
- Communicate with internal and external clients
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Civil, Environmental, Ecological, Agricultural/Biological or related Engineering field from an accredited institution. Candidates with scientific degrees with an emphasis in hydrology are also encouraged to apply
- Working knowledge of Excel and GIS
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team and both within the office and in the field (both urban and natural environments)
Candidates will be required to work out of our West Palm Beach, Florida office with the potential for some flexible work-from-home days after successful completion of a probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the email subject: WREI Candidate
Learn more about us at http://www.collectivewater.com/